- File hosting: a solution provided by particular firms, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally twisted explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud web hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between different stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a huge quantity of pics with friends or acquaintances since the solution is typically free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your mail addresses. Some firms provide web hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many video files as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At 'Exclusivehosting.net', for instance, you can see shared web site hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of website hosting service that you've picked - a free web hosting plan, a paid cheap hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content solely.